Powerstroke Diesel Repair in Steeleville, IL
The Powerstroke Diesel was introduced in 1994 to Ford Trucks. International Navistar manufactured the engine, which had better performance than the 6.9-liter IDI and the 7.3-liter diesel predecessors. The Powerstroke Diesel was built to be a reliable workhorse and is a very durable engine.
When you need a reliable and knowledgeable diesel mechanic to work on your 7.3L, 6.0L, 6.4L, or 6.7L Powerstroke, visit our Steeleville IL. auto repair shop at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center. Whether you have a personal vehicle with a Powerstroke engine or a fleet of vehicles that use any of the Powerstroke engines, we’ll keep your trucks maintained and on the road.
Powerstroke Diesel Service and Repair at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center
Keeping up with maintenance and repairs on your Powerstroke Diesel makes it last for many thousands of miles and keeps you safer on the road.
Powerstroke Service at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center
As with any vehicle, it is important to keep up with vehicle maintenance, especially for fleet vehicles that run more miles in a shorter amount of time than most personal vehicles. Services we provide include:
- Oil and filter change.
- Engine air and cabin air filter change.
- Wheel alignments.
- Balance and rotate tires.
- Coolant flushes.
- Transmission flushes and filter changes.
- Brake fluid flushes.
- Power steering fluid flushes.
- Lubricate automatic transmission shift linkage and clutch release lever.
- Replace transfer case fluid.
- Replace rear differential fluid.
- Change fuel filter.
In vehicles that operate under severe conditions, such as running for many hours every day, driving on secondary roads, or doing a lot of mountain driving, some services should be done more often than regular recommended service schedules.
Powerstroke Repairs at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center
When you need service on your Powerstroke Diesel, we get you in and out as soon as possible without sacrificing quality. When possible, call us to make an appointment for service. If that’s not possible because you broke down on the road, direct the tow truck driver to bring your Powerstroke Diesel to our auto repair shop. Just give us a call when the tow truck is on the way and let the shop know that your truck should be here shortly.
Common repairs we’ve seen include:
- Oil leaks.
- Head gaskets.
- Brakes, including pads, shoes, rotors, drums, calipers, wheel cylinders and master cylinders.
- Air conditioning and heating, including compressors, evaporator cores, heater cores, heater hoses, high- and low-pressure air conditioning lines, condensers, accumulators / driers and expansion blocks / orifice tubes.
- Suspension and steering, including bushings, gearboxes, struts, shocks and springs.
- Cooling system, including radiators, fans, thermostats and radiator hoses.
- Accessory belts.
- Control modules and sensors.
- Fuel injection system, including injectors.
Contact Mevert Automotive & Tire Center
When you need diesel service and repair, contact Mevert Automotive & Tire Center for an appointment. If you break down on the road, direct the tow truck to bring your vehicle to us and give the shop a call when it’s on the way.