GM’s Duramax Diesel is a bulletproof engine, but still needs maintenance to keep it that way. The 6.6-liter Duramax was first released in 2001. It took the place of the 6.5-liter Detroit engine. Newer versions of the engine feature a CP4 injection pump while older versions use a control module, CP3 injection pump and a fuel injection control module. Our diesel mechanic at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center is familiar with both systems. Maintenance is the secret to keeping the Duramax Diesel running longer and out of the auto repair shop for premature and expensive repairs.
Specialty Services for the Duramax Diesel Engine at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center in Steeleville IL.
Because a diesel engine has a different fuel system, there are repairs and service that you don’t see on a gas-powered vehicle. Our ASE Certified auto technicians can provide you with these services, including:
- Duramax injectors.
- EGR coolers and valves.
- CP3 injection pumps.
- Oil coolers.
- Head gaskets.
- Turbo replacement.
- High-pressure oil pumps.
Duramax Diesel Maintenance at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center
Keeping your Duramax Diesel maintained helps reduce repair costs and helps to keep you from breaking down. Services include:
- Oil and filter change.
- Replace engine air filter.
- Replace fuel filters on the engine and frame.
- Lubricate ball joints and steering idler arms.
- Transmission flush and filter change.
- Lubricate hub needle bearings.
- Replace the wheel bearing grease seals.
- Wheel alignment.
- Balance and rotate tires.
- Coolant flush.
- Power steering flush.
Common Repairs for the Duramax Diesel
In addition to the repairs that are unique to the Duramax Diesel, we also see these common repairs:
- Air conditioning issues, including the compressor, condenser, evaporator core, high- and low-pressure air conditioning lines, accumulators / driers and expansion blocks / orifice tubes.
- Coolant issues, including radiators, thermostats, fans, radiator hoses and heater hoses.
- Brakes, including brake pads, master cylinders, rotors, calipers, shoes, drums, and wheel cylinders.
- Control modules and sensors.
- Fuel injectors.
- Suspension and steering, including gearboxes, struts, shocks, springs and bushings.
- Heating issues, including heater hoses and heater cores.
- Wheels, tires and alignments.
Complimentary Health Check at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center
As we do with any vehicle that comes into our shop, we’ll perform a complimentary vehicle health check for any visual issues, including tire wear, brake pads, oil leaks, coolant leaks, power steering leaks, transmission fluid leaks, brake leaks, alignment issues, bad bushings and suspension issues.
Contact Mevert Automotive & Tire Center
When you need diesel service and repair that you can trust, whether for your personal vehicle or fleet of Duramax Diesel vehicles, you can count on our ASE Certified and ASE Certified Master technicians to get you back on the road in good time without sacrificing quality.
Our diesel technicians will let you know if you have upcoming repairs so that you can plan for the best time to complete those repairs. We understand that this is important to everyone, but especially for fleet trucks when a down day means lost money to your company.
Contact Mevert Automotive & Tire Center for an appointment for diesel service and repair.