Whether your Cummins diesel is in a personal truck or your fleet trucks, you expect quality repairs to keep you on the road. At Mevert Automotive & Tire Center in Steeleville Il., we know that quality service and quality parts save you time and money because the work is done correctly the first time.
When you need Cummins diesel service and repair, contact Mevert Automotive & Tire Center for an appointment.
The Cummins 6.7-Liter Turbo Diesel
You’ll find the Cummins 6.7-liter Turbo diesel in 2500 and 3500 RAM trucks, and in the 3500, 4500 and 5500 chassis cabs. This engine benefits from several features, including a newer cooling system that gives the engine a 25 percent better heat rejection capacity. Dual radiators, a high-efficiency fan, a charge air cooler, and dual transmission coolers lower the Cummins‘ operating temperatures, which means better performance.
The diesel mechanic at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center has experience working on all diesel engines, including the Cummins.
Cummins Diesel Special Services
Diesel engines have many of the same issues as gas engines, but they also have special issues because of different types of parts, and because the engines are set up to run constantly instead of turning them on and off. Some of the specialty repairs we see include:
- High-pressure oil pumps.
- Cummins EGR coolers.
- Head gasket replacement.
- Cummins injectors and the CP3 and VP44 injector pumps.
- Oil coolers.
- Head studs.
- Cummins diesel turbocharger replacement.
Maintenance for the Cummins Diesel at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center
When it’s time for maintenance on your Cummins diesel truck, our auto repair shop in Steeleville Il. is equipped to get you in and out quickly without sacrificing quality of service. Maintenance on the Cummins diesel includes:
- Change the oil and filter.
- Balance and rotate tires.
- Replace the engine air filter and cabin air filters.
- Replace the frame and engine-mounted fuel filters.
- Lube when applicable.
- Inspect the steering, suspension, belts, hoses and brakes.
- Transmission flush and filter change.
- Coolant flush.
- Power steering fluid flush.
- Brake fluid flush.
- Check and top off differentials (including four-wheel drive where applicable).
- Change differential fluid.
Cummins Diesel Repairs at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center
Common repairs we see for trucks with the Cummins diesel engine include:
- The brake system, including rotors, pads, shoes, drums, calipers, wheel cylinders, master cylinders and brake lines.
- The cooling system, including radiators, thermostats, radiator hoses and fans.
- The heating and air conditioning system, including evaporator cores, heater cores, heater hoses, high- and low-pressure air conditioning lines, compressors, condensers, accumulators / driers and expansion blocks / orifice tubes.
- Steering and suspension, including gearboxes, struts, shocks, springs, bushings and other suspension parts.
- Sensors and control modules.
- Timing chains.
- Fluid leaks, including oil leaks, transmission leaks, coolant leaks, power steering fluid leaks, and brake fluid leaks.
Contact Mevert Automotive & Tire Center
When you are ready to service your Cummins diesel contact our Steeleville Il. auto repair shop at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center for an appointment.