At Mevert Automotive in Steeleville, we’ll never turn down an opportunity to add a quality team member. At our auto repair shop, we put our heart and soul into our work. We want to establish a higher standard in vehicle service. Our mission is giving our customers peace of mind. Integrity, honoring people, and attention to detail are the values we use to provide it.
We genuinely care about our clients, and our passion is visible in the honest, fair, and thorough auto repair we provide. We are looking for people who want to raise the bar and keep getting better; not just for themselves, but for the customers who put their trust in them. If that’s something you want to be a part of, we encourage you to contact us with questions or fill out our employment application.
Are you looking for your next career in the auto world and want to work for an employer who will make you feel right at home? Look no further! We have the perfect job for you.
We are looking for an automotive technician where experience is preferred but not required as we are willing to train. Here at Mevert, we are looking for an individual who has the eagerness to learn, someone who works well with others and has a desire to serve through repairing and maintaining our customer’s vehicles. Our mission is your peace of mind. Integrity, high standards, and attention to detail are the core values that we provide here in the shop!
When you work at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center, you will enjoy:
- Heated and Airconditioned Shop
- Employee Discounts
- Training Plans
- Incentive pay
Do you love people? Do you love helping people? Do you consider yourself a multi-tasker? Are you often told you have a great personality? Do you have customer service experience?
Our growing auto repair facility is in search of someone looking for an opportunity to put their qualities to work for earnings and advancement potential. Our company prides itself on quality customer care, and our mission is to provide superior service and peace of mind in the auto repair industry. We live this out by serving others with honesty and integrity and know that our work must be well above “good enough,” so we strive every day for this higher standard. We are looking for someone who shares this same vision and would like to work alongside us to make it happen.
If you like interacting with people and have sales skills or experience in sales, we have an opportunity for you. Sales experience in the automotive field is preferred but not necessary.
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Competitive wages
- 5-day work week- No Weekends!
- No late hours
- Enjoyable work environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase customer satisfaction by building customer relations
- Maintain the company’s standards for ethical business practices, professional image, orderliness, customer service, and good employee and community relations.
- Provide each customer a complete assessment of their vehicle, providing a clear presentation of their vehicle’s needs & maximizing sales opportunities.
- Able to keyboard 40 words per minute.
- Possess computer skills and ability to adapt to company systems- operate management system to process ten customers per day at current ARO.
- Able to operate photocopier, calculator, phone system, credit card machine, and related business equipment.
- Willing to complete accredited training in SA skills.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area that lacks excessive paper clutter.
- Possess a valid state driver’s license and be insurable. (issued in the state of employment) Notify the employer immediately if the driver’s license status changes.
- Ability to speak, read and write English language.
- Ability to speak tactfully under pressure. Never use profanity, and maintain composure.
- Able to make decisions in accordance with company policy and customer service expectations.
- Possess good salesmanship skills- produce a minimum of $20,000 gross profit dollars per month.
- Possess good telephone skills and voice by following company phone answering procedures.
- Willing and able to complete and pass the ASE Service Advisor test.
- Possess good people skills.
- Source parts for jobs accurately and timely.
- Hand out referral cards- a minimum of 7 cards given to every ten customers (advisor closing the repair order)
- Acquire an email address (or update an email address) or note the reason for every customer’s declined email address.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Attend training as management requires- a minimum of 20 hours per year.
- Notify management of possession/use of illegal drugs by customer(s)/employee(s).
- Willing to participate in office cleaning day once per year.
- Maintain less than a 1% rate of customer complaints/comebacks.
- Maintain and average labor sales per repair order of 2 hours.
- Maintain an average repair order dollar average of $350.00 minimum.
- Handle customer complaints according to standard operating procedures.
- Perform walk-around on those customers who have cars in the parking lot and are asking about an appointment- noting damage, scratches, missing hubcaps, etc.- performed according to the walk-around procedure.
- Park and lock all vehicles in an orderly fashion in designated areas.
- Schedule adequate time for repairs/maintenance and secure additional time when up-selling or as needed.
- Assign original technician performing repairs on all comeback jobs.
- Maintain work order rack and keep updated as to the order of work performed and note any special instructions on the work order.
- Greet customers promptly and courteously- acknowledge all customers within 10 seconds of their arrival.
- Describe customers’ requests/symptoms accurately and legibly on repair orders- use customer questionnaires and diagnostic sheets as needed.
- Identify and give special attention to repeat repairs.
- Review initial diagnosis with customer and inspection results, estimate costs and completion times, and ask for payment type when given the authorization to repair.
- Review a work-in-process a minimum of 3 times daily to see that repairs are being performed properly and the time schedule is being met. Inform customers if delays are expected, or additional work is needed.
- Under promise- Over deliver- follow through to make sure any promises made are kept.
- Assist in maintaining company files, appointment schedules, and follow-up programs.
- Review the entire repair order with a customer at delivery- verify customer understands all charges.
- Offer customers the use of company loaner vehicles, complete loaner car form, and obtain information from customers. Verify availability of loaner.
- Determine warranty coverages and verify pertinent information for warranty eligibility.
- Verify an allotted sold time accompanies every labor entry on the repair order. Reconcile every repair order on sold time vs. actual time when closing repair order.
- Obtain the customer’s signature on every repair order.
- Obtain the VIN# from every vehicle and enter all information into the management system. Include all specific notes from the vehicle.
- Acquire a minimum of 2 online directory reviews per month.
- Monitor company email for service appointment requests and other notifications- reply to service requests within 12 hours.
- Maintain a minimum of 1 post per week on Facebook.
This position will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by management. The company reserves the right to modify this job description as business needs require.