Mevert Automotive & Tire Center
Auto Repair in Steeleville, IL
Finding an auto repair shop you can trust isn’t the easiest thing in the world. But it’s not the hardest, either – you just have to know where to look. Mevert Automotive & Tire Center in Steeleville Il. has ASE Certified and ASE Master Certified auto technicians who understand what your peace of mind is worth.
Because we care about our customers and provide quality work with excellent customer service, we were named NAPA shop of the Year in the Midwest division. When you are looking for a trustworthy mechanic in Steeleville, IL, visit us at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center.
Peace of Mind Guaranteed
When you want to drive off the lot with the peace of mind that your vehicle is repaired properly, you can count on us. We keep our ASE certifications current, and we have all of the diagnostic equipment required to get the job done correctly, with dealer-level diagnostic equipment, including the Ford IDS, GM Tech 2 and Chrysler Micro Pod diagnostic tools.
We provide a complimentary inspection when you bring your vehicle in for repairs or service. We’ll let you know what upcoming problems we see and whether they are something that needs to be repaired immediately or in due time. We’ll give you our no-pressure repair recommendations, so you know what is coming up and won’t be taken by surprise. If we see low tire tread, we’ll let you know you’ll need to change the tires soon, but if we notice a separated tire or see metal hanging out of a bald spot on a tire, we’ll let you know that repair needs immediate attention.
If you wish, we’ll get you a price for anything that needs immediate attention; then you determine if you want us to do the work that day or whether you need to wait. We can also schedule upcoming repairs that we find.
“I was extremely satisfied, and I don’t think that the service I always received could be any better anywhere else. The entire staff from the front office to all of the mechanics is outstanding. Keep on doing what you are doing, and you will always be number one.”
– SAM & DONNA H.
“5++++ stars!! Very Professional and complete. Paid to have an inspection done – well worth it, got a complete report with pictures of everything!!! Got our truck back on the road quick and below estimate. Called with updated status everyday! Very knowledgeable staff from the front desk to the back!”
– ROGER & MELISSA P.
Auto Repair at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center
When you need reasonable, and quality auto repair by ASE Certified and Master Certified technicians visit Mevert Automotive & Tire Center. We work on most makes and models and do just about any repair. We have been in business since 1993, and all of our technicians get ongoing training to keep their certifications current.
Some of the common repairs we see at our auto repair shop include:
- Alternators and batteries.
- Starters and starter solenoids.
- Suspension, including bushings, tie rods, struts, shocks and springs.
- Steering, including gearboxes, power steering pumps, racks, high- and low-pressure power steering lines, and steering columns.
- Brakes, including calipers, pads, rotors, master cylinders, and brake lines.
- Sensors and control modules (service engine soon light).
- Timing belts, timing chains, harmonic balancers, and gear drives.
- Cam phasers and cam phaser solenoids.
- Intake manifolds.
- Coil packs.
- Exhaust manifolds.
- Radiators, water pumps, radiator hoses, thermostats and bypass hoses.
- Heater cores and heater hoses.
- Accessory belts, idlers and tensioners.
- Wheels and tires.
- Air conditioning, including condensers, compressors, driers, accumulators, expansion blocks, orifice tubes and evaporator cores.
- Fuel, including fuel pumps, fuel lines, fuel injection, throttle bodies, and carburetors.
- CV Axles and boots. Rear ends, differentials, U-joints and driveshafts.
- Electrical issues, including those related to the control module and sensors, lighting, ignition and charging.
Auto Maintenance at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center
Keeping up with maintenance on your vehicle decreases the risk of breaking down. We’ll do a complimentary inspection when you bring your vehicle in for maintenance. Common services we provide include:
- Replace engine air filters.
- Replace cabin air filters.
- Oil and filter change.
- Lube, where applicable.
- Flush and replace coolant.
- Transmission flush or service and filter change.
- Flush and replace brake fluid.
- Flush and replace power steering fluid.
- Brake repairs.
- Rear end service / top off.
- Front differential service / top off.
- Fuel filters.
- Balance and rotate the tires.
- Wheel alignments.
While we are servicing your vehicle, we’ll do a visual check for:
- Oil leaks.
- Transmission fluid leaks.
- Coolant leaks.
- Power steering fluid leaks.
- Brake fluid leaks.
- Bad bushings.
- Worn bearings.
- Worn brake pads and brake lines in poor condition.
- Issues with the suspension, including shocks, struts and springs.
- Lights and wiper issues.
- Belts, tensioners.
- Soft or dry-rotted radiator and heater hoses.
- Check Engine Light diagnostics.
RV Maintenance and Repair at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center
Our auto repair shop in Steeleville Il. also provides RV maintenance and service. Whether you need maintenance, including an oil change, transmission service, tune-up or have the filters changed, or you need repairs, we have the diagnostic equipment to work on your RV.
Common repairs include water pumps, timing chains, timing belts, suspension and steering issues, cabin air conditioning, alternators and batteries, starters, brakes, power steering pumps, and service engine soon light diagnosis.
Keep your RV in good shape throughout the year, and let us check it out before you leave on that long trip this year. We will also check the tires for wear and, if needed, balance and rotate the tires on your RV. Other common services include transmission flushes, coolant flushes, fuel filter changes, and cabin and engine air filter changes.
Diesel Maintenance and Service
When you need service and repairs on your diesel, it is in good hands with our diesel mechanic. From oil changes to repairing oil leaks, we can service and repair your diesel vehicle, including working on the fuel injection system, turbos, air conditioning, brakes, suspension and steering, and powertrain management.
Contact Mevert Automotive & Tire Center in Steeleville Il.
When you need quality repairs and customer service, contact Mevert Automotive & Tire Center in Steeleville Il. for an appointment and to discuss the repairs and service you need. If you break down on the road, direct the tow truck driver to bring your vehicle to us, then give us a call when the driver is on the way with your car.