Engine & Transmission
Being proactive can save you money on vehicle repairs. A reactive vehicle owner doesn’t bring his or her vehicle in until something breaks. A proactive vehicle owner does preventative maintenance, which gives our ASE Certified technicians a chance to locate upcoming problems, giving you a chance to make repairs before the failing part causes more problems.
For example, if you change the brake pads when you first hear them squeal or after your mechanic tells you that they are getting low, you’ll save your rotors. In many cases, the auto technician can resurface the rotors. However, if the brake pads dig too much into the rotors, the tech would have to take too much material off the rotors, which makes them too thin to be safe.
Instead of buying new rotors, you could save by having them turned. Additionally, the risk of a caliper becoming overextended because of worn brake pads increases significantly, especially if the rotors are already thin.
When you need preventative maintenance, contact Mevert Automotive & Tire Center for an appointment.
Because we care about our customers and provide quality work with excellent customer service, we were named NAPA shop of the Year in the Midwest division. When you are looking for a trustworthy mechanic in Steeleville, IL, visit us at Mevert Automotive & Tire Center.
Mevert Automotive & Tire Center Complimentary Vehicle Health Check
Because we know how important it is to keep your family safe, we provide you with a complimentary vehicle health check. Some of the things our ASE Certified mechanic looks for include:
- Normal and uneven tire wear. Uneven tire wear signifies too much or too little air pressure, an alignment problem, or a problem with the suspension.
- Low brake pads and scored rotors.
- Bad bushings in the suspension.
- Issues with the suspension, including shocks, struts, tie rods and springs.
- Oil leaks.
- Coolant leaks.
- Transmission fluid leaks.
- Failing coolant hoses and heater hoses.
- Alignment issues.
- Power steering fluid leaks.
- Brake fluid leaks.
- Worn and cracked belts.
- Check for low fluids and top off, if necessary.
- Air pressure in the tires.
When we find upcoming issues, we’ll let you know if they need immediate attention or if you can put them off for a bit. Any fluid leaks should be attended to as soon as possible, especially oil leaks and coolant leaks, since they can cause extensive damage if you don’t keep the fluids topped off.
Preventative Service at Mevert Automotive and Tire Center in Steeleville IL.
The preventative maintenance we perform includes:
- Oil and filter change.
- Engine air filter and cabin air filter replacement.
- Lube where applicable.
- Balance and rotate tires.
- Wheel alignments.
- Brake pads and rotors.
- Accessory belts.
- Radiator hoses.
- Coolant flushes.
- Brake fluid flushes.
- Power steering fluid flushes.
- Transmission fluid flushes and filter replacement.
- Fuel filter replacement.
- CV axle boots.
- Inspect and clean battery terminals.
- Inspect and replace windshield wipers.
Contact Mevert Automotive & Tire Center
When it’s time for preventative maintenance, contact Mevert Automotive & Tire Center to schedule an appointment for your vehicle.